54 avenue du Docteur Paul Benet
82140 ST ANTONIN NOBLE VAL
+33 (0)5 63 68 27 50
7 bis rue de la Liberté
+33 (0)5 82 73 06 03
This 19th-century stone-built house is situated on 1.2 hectares (3 acres) of land in the beautiful Quercy countryside, in a quiet village several kilometres north of Caylus. Many of the rooms have been renovated to a high standard, and the house offers fine views over the surrounding hills.
The house has a total habitable space of around 240m². Entrance to the house can be gained from several terraces and french doors.
- Living-room (36m²) with tiled floor, large fireplace, and many original features such as exposed beams and old stone evier. French window opening onto the terrace and garden. Wooden staircase to the first floor.
- Open-plan to modern and well-equipped kitchen (14m²)
- Bathroom with bath and washbasin (4m²)
- W.C. (4m²)
- Utility/summer kitchen with shower and washbasin
- Two large office/study spaces
- Large bedroom (20m²) with original features such as stone archway and exposed stone walls with wooden beams. Some finishing is required.
- Adjoining bathroom with renovations which require completing
First floor (with Velux windows throughout):
- Large landing
- Bedroom (18m²) with wash basin
- Bedroom (12m²)
- Enormous lounge (49m²) with exposed stone walls and a high ceiling extending to the roof beams. Opening through french doors to
- Master bedroom (24m²) with exposed beams
At the back of the house is a covered terrace with entrance to the summer-kitchen with shower and washbasin.
Adjoining the house on two sides is a very large atelier (previously a bergerie) of over 100m², with beautiful wooden beam construction. The area is being currently used as a workshop and an animal feed store.
The garden contains a large stone-built garage with high ceilings and a tiled roof, with an authentic bread oven.
The south-facing pool measures approximately 10 x 5 metres, and has a maximum depth of 1.8 metres. It has a large surrounding tiled terrace, and nearby is the pump-house and filter-unit. There is also an attractive gazebo on the adjacent lawns.
The 12000m² garden is mostly bordered by dry-stone walls, and much of it is planted with mature trees and shrubs. Around the house are several terraces.
It is worth noting that half of the house has been successfully rented out during the summer for several years, giving the option of an established income from the property.